Augmented hybrid grass
100% natural grass,
rooted in a patented rootzone
THE LATEST GENERATION OF REINFORCED PITCH
The secret lies in the interaction between three complementary materials
AirFibr, a unique technology combining player safety, resistance, sustainability and durability.
- A frequence of use multiplied by 3 compared to traditional natural grass surfaces
- Homogeneous playing surface that remains flat and stable, regardless of weather conditions
- Possible mutualisation of the pitch between football and rugby, and compatible with events (concerts, extra sports events…)
- Most optimised surface for the prevention of injury risks (if subject to the appropriate maintenance)
- Optimised cushioning and energy restitution allowing to generate lower joint loads on the lower limbs than comparable surfaces
- Surface with the best results on HIC tests (measuring the risk of head injuries)
- Eco-designed hybrid grass system after Life Cycle Analysis (carried out by PwC according to ISO 14040 and 14044 standards)
- Reusable at the end of life according to the cradle-to-cradle principle (Contact us to know more about AirFibr Renew)
- 40% reduction in water consumption thanks to its unmatched capillary properties
- Laureate of the “Efficient solutions” award from the prestigious World Alliance (Solar Impulse Foundation)
Why choose the AirFibr technology?
MORE THAN JUST A "GREEN RECTANGLE",
THE CLUBS' WORKING TOOL
A TECHNOLOGY DESIGNED
WITH BIOMECHANICS LABORATORIES
A major innovation for player safety
A biomechanical research program was conducted by the George Charpak Institute, ENSAM Biomechanics Laboratory and Natural Grass, to evaluate the impact of different types of playing surfaces on the risk of player injuries. This study shows that thanks to its unique mechanical characteristics, AirFibr technology allows a significant reduction in the risk factors of player injuries.
The key steps in the implementation
of an AirFibr augmented surface
The Natural Grass design office has a real expertise in the various hybrid technologies, and more particularly in the AirFibr technology. As developers of the technology, our teams are able to propose for each project the structure of land (thickness, ventilation, thermoregulation system …) that is the most efficient, the most suitable for the needs of the end user, and taking into account the constraints of the infrastructure.
At Natural Grass, we have developed an advanced know-how in the manufacturing and mixing of cultivation rootzones intended to constitute the playing surface. The selection and control of materials, the dosage, the quality of the mixture and its homogeneity, are all necessary criteria for the construction: the agronomic and sporting qualities of the pitch depend on it.
The combination of the technical expertise of our teams, its proven experience, and equipment created to measure for the installation of AirFibr technology, allows Natural Grass to ensure the success of each project. Our teams have installed AirFibr hybrid pitch systems in over 50 pitchs around the world. With a thorough knowledge of the technology’s specificities, they are the most capable of mastering the overall installation of the solution.
An AirFibr pitch is taken care of with a maintenance program specific to hybrid surfaces. Our experts are mobilised to help you increase the skills of the maintenance team and preserve the agronomic and mechanical qualities of the substrate over time.